23 October 2005

sugary sweet



The Tidbits! This all-girl singing trio won the 1967/68 Singapore Talentime with their rendition of "I Believe". Amazingly cute in matching dresses, the oldest in the group was only 13. They must have made quite an impression on the television audience, because many (like my parents!) still remember watching The Tidbits perform.

The Tidbits - I Believe

This has to be my happiest buy in recent years, because it was one of the records on my must-find list. And look at the sleevenotes!





I'll post the other Tidbits songs in the future.

6 comments:

phia said...

Oh my god. Unparalleled heights of Cute.

thank you!

Anonymous said...

the mp3 is very silent, almost inaudible. you should normalize, before converting it to mp3 ...

modcentric said...

yup, i realised that the track is very soft. i don't have amps for my turntable - its connected directly to my stereo. this probably affects the volume somehow! i'll figure out how to fix the audio levels for future vinyl-mp3 conversions!

guapo said...

I use a minidisc recorder first then plug that into the computer. It works!

Anonymous said...

i don't know, which programs you are using, but most recording software should have a function called "normalize". in audacity it's called "amplify".

this lets you boost the audio, so that the peaks reach 0db (or whatever you choose as maximum).

Anonymous said...

You mean the same "I Believe" that the Bachelors sung. Oooooh! If so, can you please repost, love to hear this. Les.